The good folk over at the Trifecta Writing Challenge have asked us, as both the contributors and the readers, to answer a few questions (ten to be precise.) Some of them will be easy to answer, and some will be more difficult I’m sure, but I’m more worried about potential good cop, bad cop routines that could come about if I refuse, so here we go… And I know some people won’t care so here’s a page break:
1) What is your name (real or otherwise)?
This one is nice and easy, Chris White is my real name, I know some people use nom de plumes online, but I’m aiming to be a (paid and) published writer in the next two years so I want people to know who I am.
2) Describe your writing style in three words.
Indebted to giants.
3) How long have you been writing online?
I’ve been writing online for around four (maybe five) months…
4) Which, if any, other writing challenges do you participate in?
The other challenges I try to do every week are Inspiration Monday, Terrible Minds, 3WordWednesday, Sunday Scribblings and IndieInk (but beware, IndieInk are jealous lovers)
5) Describe one way in which you could improve your writing.
I could sit, with a steaming mug of coffee (strong, sweet and white) before me on my writing desk. And actually write.
6) What is the best writing advice you’ve ever been given?
Everybody has the same number of hours in the day, sit your arse down and write.
7) Who is your favorite author?
Now this is a difficult question…there is, in our house, a pantheon of authors to be worshiped: Orwell, Kafka, Dumas, Satre, Philip K. Dick, Herman Melville, Roald Dahl – the list goes on.
8) How do you make time to write?
I burn the candle at both ends. I often have to be off to work at five in the morn, and with a wife and two daughters I can’t ignore them to write, so I’m usually up until midnight or one am. Although I am considering begging my wife for an hour or two in the evenings for work.
9) Give us one word we should consider using as a prompt.
I don’t have a dictionary nearby, so I’m not sure if it has a third definition, but…um…err…how about innocuous? Yeah, that’ll do, innocuous.
10) Direct us to one blog post of yours that we shouldn’t miss reading.
Can I direct you to three? Pretty please? I’m gonna take that as a ‘yes’, okay? Good. Here they are Blast From the Past, Point of Difference and One Nation Under God…ENJOY!